Happy New Year!! Welcome to 2011! I can't believe how fast time has flown!
Thinking about it makes me feel like I'm in a time warp! How did I get here? Suddenly I'm a junior in college and my baby brother is turning 18! It seems time has been flying by; yet reflecting on the past year, it surprises me how much I have done and experienced in just one year! In fact, I hardly recognize myself in the photographs of early 2010. 2010 was definitely a year of growth for me. I didn't realize it at the time, but looking back I realize I've nearly become a brand-new person. "Know what's weird? Day by day nothing seems to change. But pretty soon everything's different" - Unknown-
I feel ten feet tall! Especially when looking back at the adventures of the last year. My spirit was so much smaller at this time last year! The things I've done and experienced since then have really been a blessing in reshaping and defining who I am today. Why so much change? Honestly I can't take credit for it; my Father in Heaven holds the power to change my heart. It is clear to me that he is ever aware of my life and has been personally teaching me. The classes I've been in, the places I've lived, the people I've met, the promptings of the spirit I've felt... they've all been perfectly harmonized by my Father. He knows what experiences and challenges will best reach and draw my heart closer to his. I'm so thankful for my Father in heaven and cherish my young and growing relationship with him.
In light of the new year, 'tis the season for new resolutions. I'm very excited about my new goals this year! I'm in a brand new major and am pursuing a brand new future. My dreams have changed quite a bit, and I feel more confident and happy about them than ever! I really feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be, and doing what my Father wants me to! I've picked up a new skill (running), and have gained a respect, fascination, and testimony of God's creation: the human body. I've found peace as I've put a great deal of effort into simplifying my life and focusing on the "most important" aspects of my life. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's conference talk in October ("Of Things That Matter Most") was beautifully validating to me. An inspiring religion professor has also played a key role in my new excitement for the words of the prophet and the doctrines dealing with exaltation. I can't believe how much I've learned in a year! I'm looking forward to walking the new roads ahead of me in 2011!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Woo! You go girl! You are an amazing person, and I love you for it. Good luck with your new years' goals!
ReplyDelete-Heather